Dr. Joy Callender
Dr. Joy Callender (PhD, Nutrition) is a registered Nutritionist who graduated from The Tropical Medicine Research Institute (TMRI), Faculty of Medicine, University of the West Indies, Mona Campus, Jamaica. She has run a weight management centre for 15 years and emphasizes Lifestyle changes (eating; activity; behaviour modification) for improved Health & Well Being. She will work with you - begin to make small changes.
• Behaviour modification is central to this weight management programme.
• The client is encouraged to establish achievable, long term and sustainable goals. The environment is friendly and nurturing. The eating plan is individualized and designed to address any co-morbidities (illnesses) that you may have.
The most common Referrals are for conditions such as:-
• Poor Nutritional Status (Overweight; Obese; Underweight)
• Diabetes (including Gestational DM) and Impaired Glucose Tolerance
• Elevated Cholesterol & Triglyceride levels
• Cardiovascular disease e.g. Heart disease & Stroke
• Impaired renal function (kidney disease)
• Other conditions related to excess body fat e.g. Polycystic ovaries syndrome; Sleep Apnea
• Pre and Post- Liposuction and Bariatric Surgery (for weight loss)
• Food Allergies
• Poor eating habits & Disorders (particularly children; adolescents; the elderly)
In addition to seeing clients at the Skin, Body & Mind Clinic and Institute by Dermatology Solutions, she will also be conducting courses to health care providers in Wellness, Diabetes, Weight Management and Hypertension.